How can Maine state government operate more efficiently?

Dear Gov LePage, What about the idea of co-pay with Maine Care?

The days of going into a doctors office and having your visit covered 100% is over for most of us who have private healthcare. Why not add copays to Maine Care health and dental? With much thought, if you chose, you could adjust the copays with the type of service - just as most private health care does. For ex. $20 copay for office visits, $75 copay for ER visits, etc.

38 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    KarenKaren shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow the opportunity to pay the co-pay with community service if they're unable to pay it in cash.

• StephSteph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So someone who can't afford that $75 co-pay at the ER just doesn't go? I have no problem with a co-pay system that is weighted. There are people on mainecare who can afford co-pays, then there are people who can not. Some people abuse the system, you will always find this regardless of the system or the regulations - people will find ways to abuse it. But there are many more people who are simply trying to survive and using it how it was meant to be used.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agree and when people get every medical expense free they take advantage of this. They go to doctors for every little thing. I see folks get test after test they go to Boston if they choose and never pay a penny. Maine care even pays for the transportation.

Feedback and Knowledge Base