How can Maine state government operate more efficiently?

How about having prisoners cut up the fallen trees in the woods for those in need of heating assistance.

I know that there are many people that need heating assistance. I also know that there are many dead trees along side the road that could be harvested and given to those in need. How about having prisoners cut these trees and give them to those needing assistance! It would help both those needing assistance and the prisoners that really need to do some work.

37 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Peter AlexanderPeter Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea. Those able body folks on public assistance can also do this and build confidence, work ethic and skills.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have the prisoner's use the pulp to make wood pellets and start using pellet stoves to heat municipal buildings or the prisons that hold the jail birds.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DON'T GIVE THE PRISONERS SO MANY COMFORTS & GOOD FOOD - - - - - - MAYBE THEY WOULDN'T WANT TO GO BACK AGAIN.

• JimJim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could be a transisition program for convicts. THe pulp industry needs more workers. Good fresh air outside.

Feedback and Knowledge Base