How can Maine state government operate more efficiently?

make texting while driving the same a oui

A relative died because of texting and driving and beleive me it was her fault she got caught in maine and kept doing it in georgia. that fact is it has replaced drunk driving as the #1 cause of death on the roads if people are caught texting they should loose there right to a lisence and go through courses and pay a ton of fines because they are worse then a drunk driver on our roads

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    shawnshawn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your cell company saves all your txts and calls, by law. You still have to divert your attn to the phone reguardlrss if it types for u.

Date and time on ticket and seveity of fine should pend investigation.

• DarrylDarryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I text while driving, using the iPhone 4S and Siri, a voice activated texting program. I don't have to look down at the phone once I speak everything I want to say, and it types it for me. It would often be hard to prove who's texting and who's not. Maybe the cell phone companies could use the GPS capabilities of phones to determine when texting is happening While the phone is in motion? Police officers could check this when they pull someone over.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only problem is how would you prove it? A lot of people do not save their texts they send.

Feedback and Knowledge Base