How can Maine state government operate more efficiently?

any baby born addicted to drugs whos parent(s) are on maincare,foodstamps, tanf or all 3 should not be able to collect any of these programs

take drug addicts off the welfare system when you give birth to a drug addicted baby while collecting welfare that should be enough evidents that people are using walfare to buy drugs and having babies to keep a steady income for their drug use and also to save some money why dont you get rid of the program (child protected services)as they dont want to be bothered with phone calls drug test parents and dont tell them when your going to do it surprise them send some one to their home. and get rid of useless programs.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    lenalena shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nate JacobsNate Jacobs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So new born babies whose parents have made bad decisions should be cut off from healthcare, money to support the child, and food? I disagree. I understand that its hard to justify giving aid to people who make bad decisions but food stamps and healthcare do not purchase drugs and may in fact be saving these peoples lives. Surely they, as well as the child, would be in a much more dire situation if along with drug addiction they had no food or healthcare. I also disagree that people are having babies in order to collect money from TANF. Mostly because the cost and responsibility of a child supremely outweighs the benefit of collecting TANF. A minimum wage paycheck with no child will get someone much further than no paycheck (due to parenting responsibilities) and money from TANF. However, I do agree with your point that these people should not be able to carry on like this without repercussion. Perhaps drug testing results should make social services react to taking the child away from their situation, thus cutting off cash benefits and helping the baby as well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base