Art, Heritage, and Cultural Enrichment Cost Saving Ideas

Welcome to the “Cost Savings Ideas” website of Governor Paul LePage. Here, you are invited to share your ideas for promoting cost savings in the Art Commission, Historical Society, Maine Public Broadcasting Corporation (PBS), Maine State Library, Maine State Museum, and other related agencies.

You can review others’ ideas and see which are currently most popular. You may also comment on them as well as vote for your favorites.

Please keep in mind this is a public forum. For security reasons, please do not include any personal information. All submissions are to be civil and appropriate for a public forum; any submission containing profanity or personal attacks will not be posted. Thank you

Please share your government cost saving ideas in the area of art, heritage, and cultural enrichment here.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Stop spending my hard earned money on "art and heritage"!

I can buy my own artwork. I do not need the state to spend my tax dollars to buy what the deem to be "art".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • State financial help with highway direction signs for struggling ME Air Museum in Bangor

Help the struggling Maine Air Museum at BIA with financial help or fees waivers to get highway signs near the Museum on Maine Rd. in Bangor.

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        You have left! (?) (thinking…)
        0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Maine Public Broadcasting

Stick with proposal to limit State funding for MPBN. State funding was more appropriate back in the l960's when much of the appropriation was for Educational Television ( in- school broadcasts) That thought to be the " Salvation of Education" at the time became the victim of modern technology as the Postal Service has today. Those who utilize MPBN can afford to pay for it.

6 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)