Business Licensing and Regulation Cost Saving Ideas

Welcome to the “Cost Savings Ideas” website of Governor Paul LePage. Here, you are invited to share your ideas for promoting cost savings in Professional and Financial Regulation, Efficiency Maine, Public Advocate, Public Utilities Commission, Worker’s Compensation Board, and other related agencies.

You can review others’ ideas and see which are currently most popular. You may also comment on them as well as vote for your favorites.

Please keep in mind this is a public forum. For security reasons, please do not include any personal information. All submissions are to be civil and appropriate for a public forum; any submission containing profanity or personal attacks will not be posted. Thank you

Please share your government cost saving ideas in the area of business licensing and regulation here.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. The Agriculture et al committee may recommend hemp legislation with an aim of growing our government.

The hemp legalization recommendation will be including license fees, applications and regulations. It shouldn't be called legalization. It's political blackmail. A license for growing an agricultural crop? Will we start licensing potatoes? If hemp should be legalized, it shouldn't enlarge government in the process and help our taxes grow. We need hemp but we don't need more government inhibiting our good work and effort. It should be simple - make it legal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Reduce the Paperwork and Cost to Start a Business

Simplify the paperwork. Make it clear on the state's website. Have a single link and a single cost to establish an LLC, Corporation, Partnership, etc...

12 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Reform the Maine Liquor Commission

Why can't the Maine Liquor Commission be reformed to make Maine competitive with NH. They want to create a "Investigator" to go after free trade. If they were to adjust pricing the public would buy in Maine. Does anyone think NH sells for a loss? They make Millions and more each year. Get competitive Maine!

9 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • I lost my business because Sanford is NOT business owner friendly.

Sanford makes it extremely difficult for small businesses to be accommodating to the customers on the most basic levels. Parking on the street is discourage, unlike the tourist towns of Kennebunk or Kennebunkport. Not even handicap spaces are readily available on Main St., discouraging patrons from walking from shop to shop, inviting tourists to join us and enjoy the small businesses and what they have to offer, as they do in all tourist locations. Springvale has an abundance of summer visitors that wonder into town from the lakes, but feel unwelcome to stop, walk, experience and shop. It's killing down…

7 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Sanford has recent become a certified business friendly community.
            If there are problems, one can contact DECD at 207-624-9800 or the “Business Answers” hotline at 1-800-872-3838.

• Don't see your idea?

Business Licensing and Regulation Cost Saving Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base