Please share your government cost saving ideas in the area of governmental support and operations here.

A sizable reduction in State Government should include reducing the size of our legislature.

This is not the dark ages where it took legislators days to get to the capital. This is an age of Internet, Fax, Phone Teleconferencing and the automobile.
The benefit money saved by reducing the size of this part of state government , salaries,transportation milage, franking fees,lodging, secretaries phone service and all other expenses would help balance the budget It might even help to get something done in the way of making sense in the bills that appear before the legislature.Eliminate legislation such as Children Awareness, month, Colon Cancer Awareness , etc rtc. and get down to solving the issues that will put the State back on track to make us proud to live here.

27 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    William PollardWilliam Pollard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As we all know no one in office will do anything to cut his or her job so may I suggest the gov set up a commission of private citizens to established a plan of reduction which should be voted on by the public not the elected officials. This would take a lot of guts.

Feedback and Knowledge Base