Please share your government cost saving ideas in the area of justice and protection here.

Enact a public domestic violence offender registry

Dear Gov. LePage,
I greatly commend you on your stance on domestic violence in this state. It is a pernicious evil that needs to be rooted out with the offenders being properly punished so that they can not go on to murder their victim. I propose that there be a registry enacted throughout the state (and online) that lists any and all persons convicted of domestic violence with the term of registration being similar to that of the *** offender registry. I think this would serve to provide the public with information pertaining to dangerous predators and possibly help to prevent future unkowing victims. I am extremely proud that you are taking this difficult subject and bringing it to light and placing the blame where it belongs, which is solely on the perpetrator. Thank you for your time.

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jamie AmesJamie Ames shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Theresa Theresa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree-especially if a person is a repeat offender- they should have a tougher punishment, and not just a disposition.

Feedback and Knowledge Base