Please share your government cost saving ideas in the area of natural resources protection and develpoment here.

Moratorium on Wind Farms.

Many Wind Farms, like Passadumkeag Wind, are being proposed over or adjacent to significant public and conserved lands. The land within the 8 mile project area has one of the State's largest Conservation easements. DEP has not required the applicant to submit a Visual Impact Assessment to evaluate the impact on the Nicatous/West Lake conservation areas. DEP has further stated (in its Draft Decision dated 7/5/2012) that they will not consider the affects to West Lake specifically, as it is not listed as a "scenic resource". We must reevaluate the law to require further setbacks from such areas. LURC has recognized this with its Bowers Wind decision. After attending the public meeting with the DEP regarding the Passadumkeag Wind Project, I do not feel that the State's resources will adequately protected in this area.

25 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mike WilliamsMike Williams shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • weston lordweston lord commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The 1987 Maine lake assessment should be re-evaluated and updated, since it is over 25 yrs old.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really believe that we are ruining what makes Maine great as we accelerate wind farm development destroying the beauty of our state. I believe we have enough wind farms for now such that it would be appropriate to mandate a moratorium on new development until we see how the tubines in production perform economically for at least three years.

Feedback and Knowledge Base